This photo ruffled a few feathers in 1963.
In some parts of the country it still would.
Last year I posted a Christmas mix.
Looking back, some of the songs were weak, so I've edited the playlist down, keeping only the jams.
Enjoy - (And no, they're not links, this isn't a music blog, do the work yourself you lazy bastard).
* The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You) - Nat King Cole (The whole album is epic, but this is the best, also not so Jesus-y, which is nice).
* Peace On Earth / Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby & David Bowie (Corny but good).
* Christmas Time - Stevie Wonder (A heartbreaker).
* Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree/Jingle Bell Rock - Brenda Lee (Classic).
* Christmas Song - Joy Zipper (Reminds me of my girl, a plus).
* 2000 Miles - The Pretenders (Best female rocker ever).
* Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles (Not a Christmas song, but the inclusion on Less Than Zero soundtrack, use during xmas in the film, and presence of sleigh bells qualifies it).
* Going Back to Cali - LL Cool J (See above).
* Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Joey Ramone (Needs no explanation).
* Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (So good).
* Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John & Yoko
* Endlessly - Mercury Rev (Not technically a Christmas song, but it feels like it to me).
* Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney (If you don't like this there's something wrong with you).
* Christmas In Hollis - Run-DMC (Best ever).
* Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses (2nd best).
* Chrismas Treat - Julian Casablancas (Impressive cover of a Fallon/Sanz SNL skit).
* Another Lonely Christmas - Prince (Go ahead, cry).
* Christmastime Is Here (Vocal) - Vince Guaraldi Trio (No matter how old you are).
In conclusion, keep Christmas alive, say "Merry Christmas" to everyone you see....even if they don't celebrate it.
Do you ask everyone who sneezes whether they believe in a deity before you bless them?
No, so don't be a pussy and say, "happy holidays", that is unless you want the terrorists to win and the angels to die.
Stay black, talk hard, and go Lakers.