Saturday, May 22, 2010

Who loved Popeye? Alice the goon.

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Cynthia Plaster Caster.
Along with Pamela Des Barres, she is one of the most famous groupies of all time.
If you don't know how she got her nickname, you should look up her work.
I told her I had wanted to be one of her subjects since I was young.
She laughed, but didn't say no.
TBC....




Some things are classic for a reason.
Un-fadeable.




I don't like this groove, try and give me something I can croon to, catch my drift?




South Bronx, 1970's.
Total decimation, and these guys are having a conga jam to try and retain some sense of normalcy.
I was there in the late 80's and it wasn't much prettier.
Two things come to mind, the Gang Of Four Lyric, "To Hell With Poverty", and the words of Rick James, "Cocaine is a helluva drug". (Although Her-ron would have been the culprit in this era).
Domestic poverty is the one thing that will never be fully addressed in American politics, and it's a genuine tragedy.
How does the saying go,
"The measure of a society is how it treats it's poor"?




I love this guy.



The NRA needs a better publicist.



Dudes.





If you were around, then you know.
Those 3 letters sent chills up the spines of many valley kids in the early 80's.



Attention Hollywood:
Stop putting The Smiths songs in your RomComs.
You're blowing it.



FDNY.
9/11/2001
Beyond.



Somebody just booked a one-way trip to Bonerville.

No comments:

Post a Comment